Internship (4-6) months - deadline: 28 June
The Society of Audiovisual Authors (SAA) is an association of European collective management organisations managing audiovisual authors’ rights. Its members (33 societies in 25 countries) administer rights for over 140,000 European film and television screenwriters and directors.
The internship will provide the opportunity to be involved and gain real, working, practical experience in the development of European legislation at European Commission, Parliament and Council level. The main tasks will be to support the team with monitoring EU institutions, industry and Member State activities in the fields of copyright and media policy, communications and events organisation.
- Monitor and provide analysis of European policy developments in the SAA’s field of activity (copyright and audiovisual policy) and actively follow the European institutions’ work in these fields.
- Conduct studies and research to formulate and draft notes under supervision.
- Assist the SAA team in the daily tasks (translations, phone calls, meeting requests, website updates etc.).
- Supporting the SAA’s event organisation.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree student with experience, focus or interest in the areas of work of the SAA: copyright, creative sectors, audiovisual sector and European policy.
- Relevant fields of studies such as political sciences, European studies, international relations or law.
- A sound knowledge of the European institutions and of the EU decision-making process.
- Excellent English speaker with a proven ability to write in a clear, understandable and engaging way. Knowledge of other European languages desirable.
- Dynamic, creative and responsible, showing autonomy, initiative and reactivity.
- Task-orientated and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt and be flexible in a small team.
- Interest in and experience of social media platforms for monitoring and analytics (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- IT skills: MS Office package required and knowledge of website content management systems desirable.
- Position based in Brussels, Belgium.
- 4 to 6 months, starting Monday 2 September 2019.
- Paid internship.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com. Deadline for application: Friday 28 June 2019.