What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small snippet of text that a website asks your browser to store. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them. We’ve included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use.
What kind of cookies does SAA use and why?
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons:
- Essential cookies (strictly necessary) – These cookies are essential for browsing our Website or strictly necessary for the provision of a service specifically requested by a user. The removal of this type of cookies can lead to navigation difficulties and is therefore strongly discouraged.
- Persistent cookies – these usually have an expiration date of maximum 13 months and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage, in other words, we look at patterns, but we do not see individuals’ personally identified information (PII).
- Analytics cookies (statistics) – These cookies are used to gather information about your use of the website, to improve the content of the website, make it more suitable to your needs and increase its usability. For example, these cookies show us the most visited pages of the website or help to identify difficulties that may be encountered during navigation.
- Preference cookies (performance) – These cookies collect information about your choices and preferences and make your navigation more pleasant and personalized. These cookies make it possible to memorize the language chosen during your visit.
What other cookies might you encounter on SAA?
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than SAA. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of SAA. For example, we currently allow:
- Audience measurement and validation – We use services such as Google Analytics to understand how many people come and what is popular which helps us improve the website. No personally identifiable information (PII) is stored and site usage is always looked at on an aggregate (and anonymous) level.
How can I configure, delete or disable cookies?
You can easily delete, disable or accept cookies from our Website at any time by configuring your browser settings. Each browser has its own cookie configuration mode. Read more to learn about the procedure to follow concerning your navigator.
Will the website work if I disable cookies?
You can browse SAA with cookies disabled, though some interactions may not work.
Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
If you close the banner and it reappears the next time you visit us, you most likely have cookies disabled. We use a persistent cookie to remember that you closed the banner, but this only works when cookies on our site are enabled.
Last updated: 19/06/2018