European legislation is right now being drafted to make copyright work in the Digital Single Market. We are campaigning for it to also work for screenwriters and directors and enable them to be fairly paid wherever their works are watched online in Europe. The proposed legislation fails to tackle the challenges of audiovisual authors.
Here you can find more information that you are welcome to use and share.
- Sign and share the Petition - in support of screenwriters and director's Declaration
- Testimonies by authors and signatories
- Read our press release
- Read our blog posts
- See our infographic - the problem
- Read our White Paper - the evidence
- See our FERA, FSE, SAA flyer (PDF) - the solution
- Read the 12 myths (PDF) - used to criticise our solution.
- Watch our video - summaries all of the above.
Here you find a few translations of the Petition into other languages:
- “Apoya con tu firma a guionistas y directores en su demanda de un marco legal europeo de copyright que incluya a todos los creadores” (Spanish)
- “Petição por uma remuneração inalienável para autores do audiovisual na Europa” (Portuguese)
- Scenaristengilde.be (Netherlands)
- “Mobilisation pour un droit à une juste rémunération des auteurs en Europe“ (French)
- “Drehbuchautoren und Regisseure: Recht auf Online-Vergütung” (German)