EU Public Affairs and Communication Trainee
1 February – 31 July 2024 (6 months)
The Society of Audiovisual Authors is an association of European collective management organisations managing audiovisual authors’ rights. Its members (33 organisations in 25 countries) administer rights for over 167,000 European film and television screenwriters and directors.
The internship will give you the chance to contribute actively to and gain hands-on practical experience of the audiovisual landscape in Europe and the development of legislation and policies at EU Commission, Parliament and Council level. Your primary responsibilities will involve monitoring the copyright and media policies within the EU institutions, Member States and the audiovisual industry. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to be a part of our small and dedicated team, supporting with communications and events organisation.
- Monitor European policy and industry developments in the SAA’s fields of activity (copyright and audiovisual policy) and follow actively the EU institutions’ work in these fields, including supporting the SAA’s work ahead of the EU elections.
- Support communication activities, monitor and analyse social media platforms (Instagram, X, Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Support the SAA’s organisation of meetings and and events (online, in hybrid format or physical).
- Conduct studies and research to formulate and draft notes, under supervision.
- Assist the SAA team in daily tasks (such as updates of office databases, agendas and website).
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree student with experience or interest in the areas of work of the SAA: copyright, cultural audiovisual sector, culture and creative sectors and European policy.
- Relevant fields of studies such as political sciences, European studies, media and communications.
- A sound knowledge of and interest in the European institutions and of the EU decision-making process.
- Excellent English speaker with a proven ability to write in a clear, understandable and engaging way.
- Experience and interest in communication. Knowledge of social media management, graphic design platforms (such as Canva), video-editing programs and website content management systems are an asset.
- Dynamic, showing autonomy, initiative and reactivity.
- Focused, task-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Sociable, able to adapt and be flexible in a small team.
- 6 months, starting 1 February until end of July 2024.
- gratification of €550/month is offered to cover for expenses during the internship.
- It is required to obtain an internship agreement with the University.
- Position based in Brussels, Belgium. Limited home-working possible.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English to Elise Liégeois.
Deadline for application: Tuesday 21 November 2023. Interviews will be conducted the following week(s).