When we write “we”, “us”, “our”, we are referring to the SAA.
This section informs you about our activities. The SAA is a Cooperative Society with Limited Liability (SCRL) registered in Brussels, Belgium. The SAA represents the interests of collective management societies and their audiovisual authors’ members at the European level. SAA’s main objectives are the following:
- to defend and strengthen the economic and moral rights of audiovisual authors (screenwriters and directors)
- to secure fair remuneration for audiovisual authors for every use of their works
- to develop, promote and facilitate the management of rights by member societies
For more information about the SAA, you may access to our Statutes.
Information collection and use
We use your Personal Information only to facilitate our professional relationships with you and to improve our internal organisation. By entering in contact with us or subscribing to our newsletter(s), you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
While being in contact with us (whatever the means) or while subscribing to our newsletter(s), we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal identifiable information may include:
- the name/surname
- the company/organisation name
- the professional function
- the gender/title
- the nationality
- the place of work address
- the phone/fax number (private and/or professional)
- the email address (private and/or professional)
Please note that when subscribing to one of our newsletters, you will automatically receive a permission reminder while processing your data. We use third party services of MailChimp that manage emails (only) of our subscribers. With MailChimp, we collect and organise privately your data into ‘distribution lists’.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletter(s) you subscribed to or for professional purposes (meeting requests, information requests, events’ invitations).
You will automatically get SAA news in your inbox when signing up to our newsletter service.
You can make a request – without charge – based on the following rights:
- right of access: you can request to access information that we hold
- right to rectification: you can request correction, addition or amendment of data we hold
- right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): you can request deletion of your data
- right to restriction of processing: you can obtain restriction of your data
- right of data portability: you can request the exportation of your data to another controller
- right to object: you can request to object against specific types of processing
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee absolute security. In case of security breach causing a data loss or a leakage, we will notify you and the concerned legal authorities as soon as possible.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the SAA domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.