Gender Equality & Diversity
In 2023, the SAA is making an active outreach to its member organisations to invite additional directors and screenwriters to SAA Patrons to enhance the diversity in terms of gender, age, authors from non-Western regions and the Baltics, etc. During the year, we are presenting newcomers to #SAAPatrons - our community of authors supporting the SAA work!
In 2021, the SAA developed a social media campaign #WeLoveAuthors #WomenWednesday featuring our female SAA Patrons (see below).
In 2020, the SAA established a Working Group on equality and diversity. Its mission is to share information and good practices about the role CMOs can play in collecting and analysing equality data, to better reflect the diversity of its membership, raising awareness and campaigning. The group provides a link between the work of the SAA team and the role of the Board in directing and monitoring strategic developments in the area of diversity and equality.
- The audiovisual sector so male (27 Feb 2023)
- Representation behind the numbers (7 Dec 2021)
- Equality and diversity in the spotlight (19 Jul 2021)
- When will the film industry pass the gender equality test? (7 Mar 2019)
- Where are the female directors and screenwriters? (8 Mar 2018)
- The CharactHer campaign, by the European Commission, in partnership with Collectif 50/50, aiming at debunking stereotypes about gender equality in the European film and media industries.
- The European Women's Audiovisual Network (EWA)