In 2020, the SAA established a Working Group on equality and diversity. Its mission is to share information and good practices about the role CMOs can play in collecting and analysing equality data, to better reflect the diversity of its membership, raising awareness and campaigning. The group provides a link between the work of the SAA team and the role of the Board in directing and monitoring strategic developments in the area of diversity and equality.
In 2021, the SAA developed a social media campaign #WeLoveAuthors #WomenWednesday featuring our female SAA Patrons. See below.
- Equality and diversity in the spotlight (19 July 2021)
- When will the film industry pass the gender equality test? (7 March 2019)
- Where are the female directors and screenwriters? (8 March 2018)
- The CharactHer campaign, by the European Commission, in partnership with Collectif 50/50, aiming at debunking stereotypes about gender equality in the European film and media industries.
- The European Women's Audiovisual Network (EWA)