On 17 March 2021, performers, audiovisual authors and their representative organisations came together to discuss the role of collective management to secure remuneration, its increased part of the digital environment and the implementation of Article 18 of the new Copyright Directive.
Read their biographies here.
Moderator: Gregor Štibernik, CEO of the Collecting Society of Authors, Performers and Producers of Audiovisual Works of Slovenia
- Jochen Greve, screenwriter, Germany
- Nacho Garcia Vega, musician, Spain
- Cécile Despringre, Executive Director of the SAA (replacing Barbara Hayes)
- Yolanda Schweri, Member of the Board of SWISSPERFOR and Member of the Board of AEPO-ARTIS
Members of the European Parliament’s Cultural Creators Friendship Group:
- Alexis Georgoulis, actor and MEP (GUE, Greece)
- Niklas Nienaß, MEP (the Greens, Germany)
- Hannes Heide, MEP (S&D, Austria)
A concluding video message from European authors and performers