Extended Collective Licensing: How can it help audiovisual authors?
Online Expert Seminar, 12 December – 14:00-16:00 CET
The EU Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market has renewed the interest of both Member States and rightholders for collective licensing mechanisms with an extended effect by providing a framework provision (Art 12). We will explore the potential use of these mechanisms to license audiovisual works and deliver remuneration to their authors. Experts from the Nordic countries will discuss with interested parties, and the European Commission will also provide its perspective.
The seminar will be moderated by Eleonora Rosati, Professor of IP law and Director of the Institute for Intellectual Property and Market Law (IFIM), Stockholm University
READ THEIR BIOGRAPHIES
- Jukka Liedes, Copyright expert, Finland
- Maria-Daphne Papadopoulou, Acting Director/Head of the Legal Department at the Hellenic Copyright Organization, Greece
- Peter Schønning, Copyright lawyer, Denmark
- Emmanuelle du Chalard, Deputy Head of the Copyright Unit, European Commission
- Ingelin Skaret, Senior Legal Advisor of Norwaco, Norway
Authors' testimonies by SAA Patrons: